The site provides an opportunity to deliver a high-quality residential development while respecting the local character of the area.
The proposed development comprises:
- Up to 150 new homes in a mix that has been designed to meet local needs and accord with emerging Local Plan policies, including:
- Approximately: 12% 1 bedroom; 29% 2 bedroom; 27% 3 bedroom, and 33% 4+ bedroom dwellings;
- Bungalows suitable for older people;
- Serviced plots for self-build; and
- 1 in 3 dwellings provided as affordable homes.
- No dwellings will be greater than two storeys in height.
- Vehicle and pedestrian access from the B1438 (High Street) in the form of a priority T-junction and a footpath provided along the road to connect to existing footpaths in Wickham Market. There will be additional pedestrian and cycle access from Chapel Lane.
- Parking spaces provided in accordance with the standards set by the ‘Suffolk Guidance for Parking’ (2019): 1 space per 1 bedroom; 2 spaces per 2 or 3 bedroom; and 3 spaces per 4+ bedroom dwellings.
- Infiltration drainage basins will be provided along the northern boundary at the lowest point of the site. These basins will be dry the majority of the time and will be incorporated into areas of public open space.
- A landscape buffer of a minimum 10m wide will be provided to the south of the site, incorporating significant native tree planting and biodiversity enhancements.
- A children’s play area will be provided within the site.